After listening to St. Vincent’s new album, I had been wanting to do a piece about her. I had a day off of work and decided to finally move past the “ugly” stage it had been sitting in. I’ve been drawn to the brand of gentle, bright madness she expresses with her sound, and on top of the geometric/pastel imagery in her new album, it makes for a wide aesthetic wealth to glean from. Had a lot of fun with the noise filter on this one.
When you oppose gay rights, this is what you’re support:
“I’m afraid to hold my boyfriend’s hand in public”
“My friend’s parents sent her away”
“I found death threats in my locker”
“I submitted to electroshock therapy”
“I lost half my friends after coming out”
“My grandmother sends me hate mail”
“My school won’t let me bring my date to school”
“I’m not here anymore”
“My dad tried to beat it out of me”
LOOK AT THIS BABY
LOOK AT HER
Time Slice Series
Photographer Dan Marker-Moore’s latest project is a series of collages in which a single image is made up of slices of photos taken in a time lapse.
Uh yes what the fuck is this and why is it so beautiful.
1. 6th Contemporary Japanese Sculpture Exhibition, 1975 by Kiyoshi Awazu
2. 750th Anniversary of Nichiren Shu Buddhism, 2001 by Tadanori Yokoo
3. 200th anniversary of Sharaku, 1995 by Yoshio Hayakawa
4. Dawn-Maroaka-ji of Japan’ -Akaji Maro Dance Performance, 1983 by Kohei Suriura
5. Exhibition decoration, weaving, dyeing of life tree and Asia flower space - Floral Cosmology, 1992 by Kohei Sugiura
6. Hiroshima Appeals, 1983 by Yusaku Kamekura
7. Where Can Nature Go, 1983 by UG Sato